All the yarn that's fit to knit!


Come on in, the yarn's fine!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

FALL IS FOR KNITTERS!

What an exciting time to work with such wonderful fibers!
As the chill just begins to settle into the air my excitement for knitting is refreshed and renewed!
I'm knitting a dozen things right now, mostly things that require a bit of thought or planning, so what have I done...

STARTED A NEW PROJECT!
something simple, mindless, bright and beautiful!
Garter Stitch Baby Blanket, knit in seven strips of seven colors rotating one block on every strip to make a diagonal stripe pattern, made it before , will make it again, love it! Knit in Rowan Wool Cotton. We have some exciting new colors in the shop, Mary always picks the best stuff, she is such an inspiration to me!

One lovely surprise showed up at my house, my Mother wearing the vest I made for her!
Great Cascade 220, so many delicious choices!


The best way to get more Handknits? Wearing them and flattery! That's why these socks are for her, Shhhhh don't tell her, I'm not finished yet! Three Waters Farm Superwash Sock in none other than "Late October" I hope to finish by then!


Even our pumpkins are knit-themed! The original neon sign!  Thanks to my awesome Husband for helping me pull this off!


By the way, roasted pumpkin seeds make an excellent snack for knitters!

Make sure you come by and see what other trouble I'm getting myself into and please come and show off all the goodies you've been working on.
We've got great classes at both locations right now and wonderful news that 
Super Knitter, Sally Melville is coming to town! 
Check out the schedules on our website;
I would also like to say a big THANK YOU to my students for making my first class so amazing!

See you all at the shop!



No comments:

Sign up for our email Newsletter!